Top 10 priorities when starting a business
When you are managing start up business there are 10 key things that I suggest you think about before you take the leap.
- Understand your reasons for wanting to go into business
- Be truthful with yourself and know your limitations
- Don’t leap until you have scouted out a safe landing
- Business is a response to customer demand so make sure it exists
- Realise that you are entering a life of service to customers.
- Be certain you are comfortable with constant change
- Money is useful but experience, competence and teamwork are critical
- Your job is to perform the high payoff activities not put out fires.
- Focus on income and traction, not on expenses
- Beware of obsolescence. Adopt technology and adapt to demand